There is a lot of talk about how Magnesium (a naturally occurring mineral) is a key ingredient in overall body health - whether it be to manage pain, help muscle recovery or ward off a headache.
But did you know the amazing benefits you can receive by using it topically on your skin?
The powerhouse little mineral contains naturally calming and anti-inflammatory properties which makes it the ideal ingredient for treating irritated, uneven and dehydrated skin.
And don’t even get us started on its benefits for sleep – helping you to relax and unwind, Magnesium promotes more restful sleep for all the restorative functions your body gets up to during the night to do their work.
As Australia’s leading Magnesium-company, we pride ourselves on combining Magnesium with other non-toxic ingredients to care for your skin. From calming sensitive skin, to reducing acne, to helping reduce the signs of ageing, read on to learn why The Base Collective’s Magnesium skincare is unbeatable when it comes to healthy, radiant skin.
Benefits of Magnesium for SKIN
- Reduces damage from external aggressors such as the sun and pollution
- Without adequate Magnesium, your skin is far more susceptible to harmful free radical damage such as the sun and pollution, which can ultimately lead to skin damage in the form of premature ageing and pigmentation.
- Assists with skin and collagen production
- When you are deficient in Magnesium (and up to 80% of the population are!), the levels of fatty acids in your skin can lower. Without these fatty acids, your skin will lose elasticity and moisture which is known to lead to dryness, uneven skin tone and wrinkles.
- Fights skin allergens and calms sensitive, eczema- and acne-prone skin
- Magnesium has long been recognised for its anti-inflammatory properties and this makes it perfect for supporting skin health across a variety of conditions including acne. Magnesium lowers cortisol production, therefore potentially helping to reduce acne by stabilising hormonal imbalances.
- It is an especially effective calming agent for sufferers of redness and sensitive skin. Transdermal Magnesium is often recommended by skin therapists and dermatologists as delivering the most benefit to sufferers of these conditions.
- Treats dry skin and enhances skin barrier repair
- As well as containing naturally hydrating and nourishing properties, Magnesium helps to regulate cellular regeneration and repair to increase the recovery of the skin when disturbed by a lack of moisture.
Overall, Magnesium is a powerhouse ingredient for reviving balanced skin to a balanced state for, leaving it clear, smooth and glowing!
Benefits of Magnesium for SLEEP
- Helping to get a good night’s sleep
While essential for energy production, Magnesium is also critical in the body’s end of day wind-down process and getting a good night’s sleep. It naturally relieves stress and tension which allows you to achieve a deeper relaxed and calm state.
And why is sleep important for acne? Because without sleep your stress levels increase, inflammation can worsen (further aggravating your acne) and it can compromise your immune system’s ability to help fight the bacteria linked to acne. Put simply – good sleep supports good skin.